- Co-Managing Director and Partner, Hagens Berman UK LLP
- Michael’s work focuses on competition litigation, group litigation, and consumer protection, as well as building the firm’s practice offerings for its global clients.
- In Re Dealer Management Systems
- Sullivan v. Barclays (Euribor)
- In Re Libor-Based Financial Instruments
- Mr. Gallagher supported, now-Senator Elizabeth Warren, and the Congressional Oversight Panel, in reviewing the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s use of the Troubled Asset Relief Program’s funds by overseeing the Treasury’s actions, assessing the impact of spending to stabilize the economy, evaluating market transparency and ensuring effective foreclosure mitigation efforts.
- Prior to joining Hagens Berman, Michael was a partner at multiple prominent plaintiff law firms, where he represented plaintiffs in multiple international antitrust and consumer protection litigations in various jurisdictions (each case valued in excess of $500 million) and lead a team of partners and associates litigating those actions.
- Mr. Gallagher also was responsible for administration and development of United Kingdom and European Union global offices, doing so with a focus on diversity and operational improvements.
- His litigation work focuses on complex litigation extensively in finance and commodity markets.
- Mr. Gallagher provides Pro Bono services to the Institute for Human Identity, one of the oldest LGBTQ affirming therapy sites in the country. He regularly volunteers his service for issues of social justice including immigration rights support, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Pure Equitas International Consultancy – Board Member and Advisor
- Member, AAJ Antitrust Subcommittee
- Trustee, David Adamany Trust, 2016 – Present
- Board Member, New York Civil Liberties Union, 2015-2018; Investment Committee member, 2016-2018
- Supporter, Project HOME
- Pennsylvania Governor’s Award for Community Service
- American Civil Liberties Union’s Pennsylvania Advocacy Award
- In Re Dealer Management Systems Antitrust Litigation
- Sullivan v. Barclays (Euribor) Commodities Litigation
- In Re Libor-Based Financial Instruments Antitrust Litigation
- In re Term Commodities Cotton Futures Litigation
- Sonterra Capital Master Fund, LTD. V. Barclays Bank
- In re Aluminum Warehousing Antitrust Litigation
- United States of America ex rel., Beverly Brown v. Celgene Corporation
- In re Keurig Green Mountain Coffee Antitrust Litigation
- In re Lithium Ion Batteries Antitrust Litigation
- In re Dole Food Co., Inc., Stockholder Litigation
- In re London Silver Market, Ltd. Antitrust Litigation
- In re Commodity Exchange, Inc. Gold Futures and Options Trading Litigation
- Castro v. Sanofi Pasteur, Inc. (re Menactra)
- In re American Express Anti-Steering Rules Litigation
- In re Longtop Financial Technologies Limited Securities Litigation
- In re Crude Oil Commodity Futures Litigation
Michael’s husband is a former Broadway dancer who is now a psychotherapist. In addition to having two left feet, Michael is regularly psychoanalyzsed every time he does not put away the dishes. However, because of being married to a psychotherapist, Michael is regularly reminded interpersonal relationships are of utmost importance and prides himself on personal engagement and connection with clients and those he works with. Michael enjoys his daily workouts and meditations, is an aspiring farmer, and is obsessed with all things animals – especially his dog, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.